In the last week of 2011, we saw one campaign reach its tipping point:
- Last week, Grow Dat Youth Farm soared past its tipping point for the Grow the Green campaign. Grow Dat Youth Farm hires teens in New Orleans to grow produce that is sold to the community and given to low income households in food deserts, where there is low access to fresh, healthy and affordable food. For the new year, the farm is hiring 20 teens to grow 10,000 pounds of food. The Grow the Green campaign will provide funds to hire six teens and teach them the importance of eating healthy while also providing job training skills.
Social entrepreneurs, has this successful campaign inspired you to start your own good? Do you have a social enterprise, a non-profit, or an amazing idea that needs some momentum to take off? Visit our site to find out how to start your own campaign today. Still have questions? We have answers—check out our FAQ section.
- vacante-turcia reblogged this from startsomegood
- ftehome reblogged this from startsomegood
- wellneworleans reblogged this from startsomegood
- cardswithak likes this
- samijett likes this
- healthy2ourkids likes this
- insaniyat likes this
- theleavesoffall likes this
- fearlessblonde likes this
- startsomegood posted this