Are you passionate about community-led change and social entrepreneurship? Do you love sharing a good story in person, on blogs and through social media? Are you excited about the potential of crowdfunding (and you’ve probably chipped in to a couple of friends projects already)? Are you drawn to help others and do you want to make a difference in the world on a huge scale?
If you answered yes to all these questions we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
StartSomeGood was founded to empower changemakers to launch and grow the innovative ventures we need to create new futures for our communities and the world. Our goal is to help create a world where anyone can be a changemaker and communities can determine their own destiny. We were founded by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs and we’re passionate about creating the world’s leading social change crowdfunding website — although we actually prefer the term peerfunding.
We are looking for a passionate advocate of social entrepreneurship and peerfunding to tell our story and the story of the people making great things happen on our platform, educating social entrepreneurs, non-profits and the media on the world-changing potential of peerfunding for social good.
As a boot-strapped social startup this is a commission and equity-only position, for now. But we are growing rapidly and with your help this will change quickly! We are looking for a risk-taker, someone prepared to take a leap, just as we have, to pursue a dream, a mission and a huge opportunity. We are looking for someone to join our small but brilliant team and come on a journey to grow a world-shaking social enterprise.
We need someone to take charge of engaging with and growing our community, sharing expertise, resources and stories to help more changemakers succeed. We are looking for a public face of StartSomeGood, someone who can represent us within the larger social change and non-profit community to tell the story of StartSomeGood, our ventures and peerfunding.
We want someone who is as excited by the potential of StartSomeGood and as committed to realizing that potential as we are. We want someone able to offer approximately half-time hours, although we won’t be counting; you’ll be judged by your success!
Title: StartSomeGood Community Builder
Job Description: The StartSomeGood Community Builder is an approximately half-time position for someone with their pulse on the world of social entrepreneurship, social change and peerfunding. You will ensure that StartSomeGood is known by those in our space and that we’re engaged in the conversations that matter to us. We want you to share what we’re learning about peerfunding so that more changemakers succeed.
Specific duties include:
- Managing or contributing to our presence on various social channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, Pinterest, YouTube and G+;
- Actively participating in and representing StartSomeGood in conversations and chats online, through Twitter (eg. #SocEntChat), blogs and online groups and forums;
- Managing and supporting the StartSomeGood Mobilizers network, a global network of people who share our passions and represent us in their home city;
- Managing our event program and keep the events page on StartSomeGood up-to-date;
- Pitching stories and ideas to bloggers and media, sharing success stories and insights from StartSomeGood;
- Writing blog posts and venture resources;
- Creating partnerships with other social entrepreneurship organizations and networks;
- Some direct Venture support, hosting “office hours” and chats to answer questions.
You will also be expected and encouraged to participate in all StartSomeGood brainstorming, planning and strategizing. We are very open in our decision-making and collaborative style. You will be considered a full thought-partner and co-owner of the enterprise.
We are a virtual team, with members in Washington DC, California, Texas and Australia. This position however needs to be based in North America, to work in those time-zones. The exact location however is flexible. As a virtual organization we make full use of a number of cloud-based collaboration tools and you will be expected to fully participate and share your information on these platforms.
Who you are:
- You’re entrepreneurial and self-motivated;
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship and community-building;
- Relentlessly positive and energized by human connection;
- Experienced with social media;
- Comfortable being part of a virtual team;
- Self-driven, efficient with your time and highly communicative;
- A great writer and storyteller;
- Preferably you would also have some design skills, capable of whipping-up a quality presentation or banner.
Who we are:
StartSomeGood a platform for changemakers to raise the funds and grow the community of supporters they need to transform an idea for good into action and impact. We just celebrated our first birthday and have helped 48 social good initiatives raise over $270,000 so far. Most importantly after a year of refining the platform and story we’re now growing rapidly and looking to continue. We’ve supported non-profits, for-profits, ventures run completely by students and ventures run by Ashoka fellows. We are partnered with some of the leading social entrepreneurship organizations in the world such as Ashoka, Compass Partners, School for Social Entrepreneurs, The International Youth Foundation and Teach for America. And the best is still to come! We’ve got a brilliant, passionate team committed to revolutionizing fundraising for social good, and we’re looking for the right person to help us expand our reach and better tell our story.
StartSomeGood was founded by Australian Tom Dawkins and American Alex Budak, who met while working at Ashoka in Washington DC. Tom was previous founder and CEO of award-winning Australia non-profit Vibewire Youth Inc.
We want you to have a stake in the success of StartSomeGood, so we’ll offer you both a share of our revenue as well as equity in our company.
We are generating revenue already and this amount, and your very generous commission with it, is increasing rapidly. As a key member of the team at this early, bootstrapped stage, you will be rewarded with generous equity.
Ready to apply?
Great! We’re looking for someone passionate about both social impact of StartSomeGood and the specific work involved in this position, with energy and enthusiasm for connecting with people and great ideas. To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter explaining why you’d be perfect for this position
- your resume
- a link to a piece of writing online that you’re proud of
- links to your main public social profiles
- a one-paragraph answer to the question: “What will it take to create a world where everyone can be a changemaker?”
This position is being recruited on a rolling basis and will be open until filled. If you’re excited about the opportunity please get in touch today!
- heresthegoodnews reblogged this from startsomegood
- jennalindsey reblogged this from startsomegood
- jennalinds likes this
- catuong likes this
- studentcollective likes this
- creativesage reblogged this from startsomegood and added:
- creativesage likes this
- diyglobaled reblogged this from startsomegood
- season90 likes this
- heartmindmatters likes this
- boudu likes this
- sillicomvally likes this
- nricchio reblogged this from startsomegood
- commonsuperhero likes this
- embracerandom likes this
- juliethinguyen likes this
- startsomegood posted this