- Dreaming bigger and bigger, TED Prize is dreaming for a wish that can inspire the world. Have a bold and creative idea that you believe can change the world? Visit the TED Prize website, make a wish, and then nominate yourself or someone else for the TED Prize. You could win the $1 million award and the support of the TED community to help make your wish come true.
- Ashoka Changemakers and SAP have partnered up to bring us The Power of Small: Entrepreneurs Strengthening Local Economies competition. This competition is seeking innovative strategies that help small businesses thrive in developing and underserved communities. Entries will be accepted through September 5th. Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website for more information.
- Devin Thorpe, author of Your Mark on the World, former senior executive and newly self re-invented social entrepreneur guest writes for Forbes, sharing his expertise on success. Read Devin’s article How To Succeed At Social Entrepreneurship—Top Three Tips From a Former Corporate Exec for advice on your business plan, customer focus, and execution. Devin’s success has an especially warm place in our hearts here at StartSomeGood. He ran a successful campaign with us, raising funds for his book and he also recently interviewedwith us for the blog.
- Sick of wondering whether or not, as a consumer, you’re supporting ethical business practices? Well then this tool is for you. This GPS social enterprise finder, Social Impact, will lead you to restaurants, coffee shops, caterers, and other businesses in-line with your values. With this new app, guestimating business practices will soon become a nuisance of the past.
- Calling all high performing African entrepreneurs with a history of positive social impact and excellence in business. The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship is seeking icons of entrepreneurial success in Africa. Described as ‘the Oscars’ of business and entrepreneurship in Africa. The deadline for entries is August 31st. Visit the website for an application or a nomination form send it into email@example.com.
I am currently working towards a BS in Information Design and Corporate Communication at Bentley University. Before college, I hadn’t any idea where I wanted life to take me so I decided to just let the wind blow me around a bit. The following summer, I shipped myself off to Romania through Learning Enterprises where I volunteered running English camps. The children I met there made me realize how much just one hello, one meal, or one hug can really grow change in someone’s life. After coming back to the US I’ve been keeping myself busy working odd jobs, studying and taking every opportunity I can to mesh my business degree with my love for positive change.