- What is crowdfunding and why does it have the potential to become a powerful tool to help you raise money for your cause? Vancouver friends, join Net Tuesday on October 2 for Crowdfunding For Nonprofits and learn from a panel of experts discussing the best practices that will lead to fundraising success. StartSomeGood’s very own David Cameron will be presenting as part of a panel of four experts discussing the best practices that will lead to fundraising success.
- Nathan Myhrvold will keynote the Social Innovation Fast Pitch Showdown on October 18! Seattle’s premiere Social Innovation Showdown happens on October 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM when Finalists from SIFP will compete at Fisher Pavilion. This is high-intensity fast-pitching with $150,000 at stake and Nathan Myhrvold delivering the keynote. Hear great entrepreneurs, network with leading investors and philanthropists, vote for your favorite, and make change happen! Last year was a sell-out; don’t miss it this year! Buy your tickets EARLY. A portion of tickets are tax-deductible and include open wine bar and appetizers. Use the special StartSomeGood Discount Code: SSG when you sign up. For more information, visit http://sifp.net and http://facebook.com/SIFPnet.
- Understand how social entrepreneurship and digital technology collaborate, learn how new technologies are enabling the current generation of social entrepreneurs, design and develop change and new social innovations—and you can do it all through one course. TechChange, The Amani Institute, and Ashoka’s Changemakers have launched Technology, Innovation, and Social Entrepreneurship and are looking for participants interested in two of today’s greatest societal trends: social innovation and technology.
- New York City, come join some of today’s brightest minds and most ambitious leaders for the Columbia Business School’s 2012 Social Enterprise Conference. These experts share a unique insight into the strategies of how to succeed in the industry and how to address the various blockades to maximizing impact. Come find out what these forward-thinkers have to say!
- Global poverty is one of today’s most pressing issues. Do you have an idea that could help ignite change? The Poverty Action Conference is taking place on October 5th and 6th at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia. This amazing group of students is looking for other students who are in the early stages of developing projects to present their ideas to a panel of experts. If you are a student working on a project in this area or you have experience executing a project abroad, consider attending this conference in October—you can register online today.
I am currently working towards a BS in Information Design and Corporate Communication at Bentley University. Before college, I hadn’t any idea where I wanted life to take me so I decided to just let the wind blow me around a bit. The following summer, I shipped myself off to Romania through Learning Enterprises where I volunteered running English camps. The children I met there made me realize how much just one hello, one meal, or one hug can really grow change in someone’s life. After coming back to the US I’ve been keeping myself busy working odd jobs, studying and taking every opportunity I can to mesh my business degree with my love for positive change.
- overthininkingteen reblogged this from startsomegood
- santakunalbis likes this
- santakunalbis reblogged this from startsomegood and added:
- tumblngthru reblogged this from startsomegood
- idontcareiloveitt likes this
- rawjeev likes this
- vicariouslyme likes this
- startsomegood posted this