- For decades, The Coady International Institute at St. Francis Xavier University has been been educating development professionals from around the world to address contemporary global issues. Over the past year, the International Centre for Women’s Leadership launched the Global Change Leaders Program to educate emerging women leaders from the global south. This certificate course educates through field-visits, mentorships, and relationships with a global network of other women leaders. If you are a proven woman leader from the global south looking to further enhance her development, apply to this program before December 3rd.
- Wanted: Forbes Magazine is seeking 30 Awesome Social Entrepreneurs under the age of 30. Do you know an ambitious, creative, business minded, young social innovator? Whether their entrepreneurial wits are bettering their own community or igniting global change, e-mail Erin Carlyle at email@example.com or give her a shout-out on Twitter at @erin_carlyle with the hashtag #Forbes30 to let her know what change your favorite social entrepreneur is initiatiating.
- What are you doing to get ready for Halloween? Carving pumpkins, buying candy to hand out to trick or treaters, picking out your costume for PictureHealing and HUB LA Present and Roozt’s Halloween party? The LA Social Enterprise community is celebrating the re-launch of DIY Custom Charity Apps in a very festive fashion so don’t miss out!
- “Who Cares?” a Portuguese language film translated to English showcases the social entrepreneurs who DO care and who see the world’s most pressing problems as opportunities to change the world for the better. Learn from some very impressive social innovators who have sought, achieved, and continue to work for change that betters the world around them. Catch a sneak peak with Ashoka here or visit whocaresthefilm.com. It’s more than a film—it’s a movement!
- The Schwab Foundation presents Social Entrepreneur of the Year. This competition is looking for an individual who has pursued positive change through transformation of an especially challenging issue in the world today such as poverty alleviation, education, or health. Criteria to be selected include innovation, financial sustainability, and direct social impact. The Schwab Foundation could be searching for you—are you the do-gooder who fits the bill? Apply by October 31st!
I am currently working towards a BS in Information Design and Corporate Communication at Bentley University. Before college, I hadn’t any idea where I wanted life to take me so I decided to just let the wind blow me around a bit. The following summer, I shipped myself off to Romania through Learning Enterprises where I volunteered running English camps. The children I met there made me realize how much just one hello, one meal, or one hug can really grow change in someone’s life. After coming back to the US I’ve been keeping myself busy working odd jobs, studying and taking every opportunity I can to mesh my business degree with my love for positive change.