Let’s Celebrate! Recently Tipped Campaigns:
Johnny America Clothing aims to improve the mental and physical health of our veterans through physical fitness and community support. Helping fund scholarships to veterans for memberships at local CrossFit affiliates means having a direct hand in improving their lives. Johnny America Clothing has already raised over $1,500 and can now formally establish itself as a non-profit organization.
Second Chance Toys NSW delivers gently used toys to children in need. They have kept over 10,000 used toys out of Australian landfills in the past two years and aspire to increase that number to 50,000 over the next two years.
Brand New Good! Recently launched campaigns:
The Gateway Children’s Fund is a multi-level child development project in Papua New Guinea aimed at releasing children from poverty and ensuring they can realize a brighter future. They need a bus to transport children to school from Port Moresby’s urban slums. The Children’s bus to an Education project will be able to provide that transportation by hiring a driver when they reach their $5,000 tipping point goal.
Hub3c’s mission is to provide cutting edge technology to non-profit groups for free. communityHUB is a free service provided by Hub3c that offers software solutions to non-profit groups to make it easier for them to run their operations and deliver on their initiatives. Funds raised through this campaign will help them complete their platform development.
The Dragonfly Sail Transport Co. provides an emissions-free delivery system to outlying harbor towns by sail. They aim to prove the viability of transporting products by sailboat on a regional scale. Working with merchants in harbor towns around Northport, Michigan, they look to re-establish trade routes between communities.
Shawn D. Ross
I am a Northwest Native living in Washington State. A graduate of Washington State University and University of Phoenix with degrees in Architecture and Education I write about social, cultural, and personal improvement on the StartSomeGood Blog and SDRinspire. I am also a filmmaker and owner of Giraffe and Penguin Productions, a single daddy of two beautiful children, avid reader, writer, and hat wearer (Not in that picture but believe me, I wear ‘em). I am currently at work on my first feature length documentary. Follow me @shawndross and visit my websites: sdrinspire.tumblr.com and giraffeandpenguinproductions.tumblr.com.
What good do you want to create? Visit our site to learn about how to start your own campaign.
Today’s guest is author and entrepreneur Hildy Gottlieb, the co-founder of Creating the Future. She also has the distinction of leading the first organization on StartSomeGood to run three successful crowdfunding campaigns. We’ll talk with her about the power of positive language, how to recognize the world of abundance all around us and how changemakers just starting out can raise friends, raise funds and galvanize their community to collaboratively create the future.
- For all you tech junkies out there, here’s your chance to put your skills to make good! GOOD Maker and NTEN want to support a proposal that uses technology to help out your community. Submit your ideas before July 12th on their website. Voting will be open from July 12th to July 26th and the winner will receive a $2500 grant and a free NTEN membership.
- The Breakfast Connect Series 4th business breakfast will feature how to make better decisions faster. Join other socially conscious individuals at the RACV Club in Melbourne on July 10th. Get more information and register by checking out the website.
- Don’t miss the information session at Dixon Hall in Ontario about the School for Social Entrepreneurs on July 12th at 5pm. Register and attend the event at absolutely no cost and learn about becoming a student at SSE-O, based off of the highly successful UK model providing action-based learning to initiate social change.
- The Social Innovators Survival Guide is a project that will provide social change makers with the advice they need to ensure long-lasting success. You are invited to attend the brainstorming workshop on July 11th at the School for Visual Arts in New York City, led by Shana Dressler the Co-Founder of the Social Innovators Collective. Register for just $1!
- This is your chance to enter the Young Innovators Competition. Enter your ICT based project on the ITU World Telecom website before July 16th and you may be invited to ITU Telecom World in Dubai where finalists will be presented with prize money, an industry mentorship, networking opportunities, and the chance to showcase your submission to the audience.
- wamda.com has shared with us 10 Video Resources Every Entrepreneur Should Know. Get educated and improve your skill set by familiarizing yourself with these entrepreneurial success tools.
I am currently working towards a BS in Information Design and Corporate Communication at Bentley University. Before college, I hadn’t any idea where I wanted life to take me so I decided to just let the wind blow me around a bit. The following summer, I shipped myself off to Romania through Learning Enterprises where I volunteered running English camps. The children I met there made me realize how much just one hello, one meal, or one hug can really grow change in someone’s life. After coming back to the US I’ve been keeping myself busy working odd jobs, studying and taking every opportunity I can to mesh my business degree with my love for positive change.